Thursday, August 20, 2015

Extraordinary



Top (original) : Food Network Magazine November 2014 Volume 7 Number 9 page 4

After flipping through many magazines I came across the top image. I found the words more captivating than the image itself.  The advertisement was originally intended to promote Transitions Prescription Eye Lenses. Although the phrase was intriguing I found the image to be quite bland. Except for the color of the woman's dress and the balloons, the image was actually quite bare and didn't not show how vast and beautiful the outdoors truly is. There was nothing about how beautiful and plentiful the natural world  actually is in the original image. I choose to remix the image eliminating majority of the background. I wanted to keep the structure of the foreground, middle ground, and background while enhancing them. I added elements of the natural world that displayed more color and life. I wanted the remix image to contract the bareness of the original by making it feel more plentiful of life. I think the energy and feeling of the remixed imaged matches the phrase more appropriately than the original image of the outdoors.


- Carla Goodwin

No comments:

Post a Comment