Thursday, August 17, 2017

Coexistence



I chose this photo because I was drawn to the beautiful, yet somewhat haunting, landscape that is reflected in the scene in the foreground. The original depicts three men standing over a bound and dead deer. They are "deer stalking" in the Scottish countryside. While deer stalking can be a method for population control and/or for sustenance, these men portray a level of affluence that communicates to me that the killing was for sport rather than survival or environmental reasons. For my remix I wanted to depict a world in which these men were engaging with nature in a peaceful way. In my version, the deer remains alive and the men are reflecting on the lush flora rather than hunting.

Coexistence by Phoebe Tamminen

Original Image Citation: : National Geographic, May 2017, pg. 81-82
Photographer: Jim Richardson



No comments:

Post a Comment