Tuesday, August 2, 2016

Is Seeing Believing.... Imagine!





A Boy and His Goggles 

A Boy and his Imagination


My original image stood out to me because it shows a boy about the same age as my son.  He’s smiling and seems very content.  But, when you focus off of his smile, you see his surroundings.  His environment is one of trash, waste, and an unhealthy mess.  To the viewer it seems that he is happily walking through it all.  I began to think… “This happy little boy should be exploring something new and exciting.”  For my remix I decided to have him do just that… EXPLORE!  What the world has to offer is much more than the scene by the water.  I wanted to give this little boy, Rodello, an environment of exploration.  I put his smile in a robotic image.  I surrounded him with the amazing things children should be studying and learning about.  For me, Rodello is learning about space, the ocean, energy, DNA, and the world of fantasy and reality!  This is the world in which a smile like his should exist.

Original image:
Title – A Boy and his Goggles
Magazine – National Geographic
November 2013
Article by Kurt Muchler
Photo by George Steinmetz
Photo of: Rodello Coronel, Jr.

by Elsa Roderick

No comments:

Post a Comment