Saturday, August 13, 2016

Remix 2 J.Roberts

Glamour Magazine September 2016 p.122



"With all eyes on Rio I have been made aware of all the devastating environmental issues. Deforestation of the Atlantic Forest to make way for golf courses. The waterways are so polluted that athletes have opted out of the Olympics. When I looked at this beautiful image of Rio I was amazed by the beauty of the nature, and then saddened by the abuse of it, so I took out many of the buildings." (written by me where the buildings were removed) Through my final project I began to think about think more in depth about environmental issues, and since the spotlight is currently on Rio I found this image to be relevant. I smudged the Olympic rings to show the further damage that they may do. As a hopeful sentiment I wrote a poem about forest by one of my favorite authors, Oscar Wilde as well as adding forest back into the picture where the buildings once were.

No comments:

Post a Comment