Friday, August 12, 2016

Plants Seeking...



Plants Seeking...

I found the original image in a home decor magazine, and the outlined pots that implied plants were seeking a new home made me think about global warming and how we can help reduce it’s effects in our communities. I was watching the opening ceremonies of the Olympics and Brazil created a beautiful piece on global warming that encouraged the olympians and those watching to combat global warming through the planting of trees and other plant life. It brought me back to this image that I had found. Though global warming feels like one of those large, inconceivable environmental issues, this ad and the olympics reminded me that there are manageable ways to reverse the effects of global warming within our own communities and lives. 

Breanne Smoley

HGTV Magazine. September 2016. pg. 77. Photograph by Emily Kate Roemer

No comments:

Post a Comment