Saturday, August 13, 2016

Life After Death

Original 
Remix

The original image of the tree is very striking. It is all about death and destruction and to me references an image of the original tree in the Garden of Eden, and looks similar to a tree that I have seen in a lot of different imagery. You can see the smoke and imagine that the tree is suffering and can't breathe and the fire is so vibrant. 
In the remix I wanted to bring back life to this tree. I put in a smoke free beautiful sunset, fresh healthy trees, green grass, mountains, and even some water. The water is literal and metaphoric. You need water to put out a fire but you also need water to help things grow. Water cleans and gives life. I loved the image of the birds as well. They show that life is happening everywhere. 

Jason Houston, Keepers of the Flame, Nature Conservancy, August/September 2016 pg. 39

Nicole Donegan

No comments:

Post a Comment