Sunday, July 30, 2017

Recasting Nature


When looking through Outdoor Magazine, this image raised a question for me. How does one or the environment itself, go about restoring an environmental space? This space looks void of life, hollow of joy. As a person who enjoys hiking and exploring nature, I found this photograph both sad and full of hope. An opportunity to restore or rejuvenate the space not just for human beings but also wildlife. My first step was to add vibrancy back into the space, and I did this through color. I wanted the texture of the leaves and trees to grab the attention of the view to invite you into this space, to explore further. My fondest memories are of hiking and exploring the wildlife, plant life and coexisting with nature.
 
Remixed by: Laura Clymer

Source: Outdoor Magazine August 2017, Getty Stock Photography page 71.


No comments:

Post a Comment