Sunday, July 29, 2018

Rebirth ( remix of Mathilde Roussel, Lives of Grass by Stephanie Mckay



I chose an image by environmental artist Mathilde Roussel called Lives of Grass. The contrast of the human forms shape in the piece intrigued me.  The figure falling, I interpreted as a fall from grace. at the figure resting I interpreted as innocence, new life sleeping or birth. In my remix I decided to use color and form to illustrate humans disconnection from the natural world. The darker shadow form represents the fight against nature. the color represents the spirit which represents man's wholeness with the earth. The shards of light are the hope, awareness and will to reconnect with nature. 
Original image citation: retrieved from www.mymodernmet.com, Lives of Grass by Mathilde Rousel, Soil, wheat seed, recycled metal and fabric. Brooklyn New York 2010

No comments:

Post a Comment