Sunday, July 31, 2016

Escaping the Mess and Entering Bliss



My original image stood out to me because it depicts a natural challenge and fear of mine.  It's something I may never do. Although some look at this as fun and a perfect sport, or even a way to relax and let loose, I look at it as hard work and the impossible.  Natures natural beauty... rocks and boulders and the pure geology fascinates me, but the sport of climbing it scares me. For my remix, I thought about what it would take for me to face my fear and tackle this boulder.  I began to think about our earth and some things I’d like to escape from.  So what would it take to get me to climb it? Escaping the mess and entering bliss….. today’s trash and pollution is creating a world of a mess.  Sadness, darkness, dirt and filth.  I would climb the rock to escape it. I’d imagine entering a world of animals ~ free to be.  A world of trees ~ fresh air to breathe.  The blue sky ~ the limit to reach…. That’s what it would take to climb the rock.

Original image: 
 Title - Rock Goddess
Magazine - All Animals
September/October 2015
Article by Nancy Lawson
Photo by Kevin Fowler
page 26

by Elsa Roderick

No comments:

Post a Comment