Sunday, August 2, 2015

Living Well




The image I chose was from Health Magazine. The original was an advertisement for GNC nutritional supplements. The image contained prepackages of pills labeled with words such as strength and recovery. The image bothered me because it was in a health magazine. It seems to contradict what the magazines message should be about. To me, nothing about chemicals should be the first choice to enhance or improve your health, strength, or recovery. All of these things can be achieved naturally, which is what I would expect would be a top priority for a health magazine. I transformed the original image into a building. Using the negative space of the white lines, I created windows. Inside the windows images of natural healthy living are emerging. For example, there are fruit and vegetables, people swimming, children playing , and a woman swimming. All of these things improve your health and strengthen your body through a natural process. I believe that it is important for a health magazine to encourage natural healthy living through natural foods and activity more than chemical supplements.


Original Image-
Health Magazine
April 2014
Page 1

-Carla Goodwin

No comments:

Post a Comment