Tuesday, August 11, 2015

Ruby


Original Photo from National Geographic vol.156, NO.3, September 1979
Photo by C.C. Lockwood, Trouble in Bayou Country, Pg. 392 


I chose this image to remix because I have two dogs that I rescued from the south.  One of my dogs named Ruby was rescued from Virginia and she looks just like the dogs in this picture minus the branding.  When I first brought Ruby home she was petrified of humans.  Ruby acted as though she had been abused or neglected.   She was not house trained as if she had been kept outside in a cage.  It took months and lots of treats to earn Ruby's trust.  She is a completely different dog now.  I felt the need to transform these dogs so they were in a safe environment with people who love them and without brandings. 

-Joni Spear

No comments:

Post a Comment