Sunday, July 21, 2019

A Touch of Gold


Crate & Barrel Catalogue
Thanksgiving 2018, page 60 


A Touch of Gold
Sarah Peninger, 2019

For this remix project, I took an advertisement from a Crate & Barrel Catalogue featuring an assortment of gold-rimmed wine glasses. I found the original to be bleak and dull, not truly showing off the wine glasses themselves. 
I entitled my remix “A Tough of Gold” because of the text purposefully left as well as the feeling I now get with the remix. I added foliage to the background surrounding emphasizing the glasses giving them a natural setting. This not only brightens up the images but gives better emphasis to the product shown. I added floral arrangements to the foreground to continue the natural feeling that the background provides. I feel that these additions add the right natural elements to the advertisement, instead of having this manufactured space for this product to exist in.




No comments:

Post a Comment