Sunday, July 21, 2019

"Leaf" in London



Image Remix from Tianfeng Gu
"Leaf" in London

This original illustration draw my attention to connect environmental art and citizen's daily life.
What I remixed is filling the blank space of the original image with green, vibrant leaves to create a sense of nature. I used paper, fabrics, and leather to illustrate texture. "London", as it shows on the original image, has always informed me an impression of rain. I love rain so much and personally rain is a gift of nature for me to escape from emotion cloud. So I create a red umbrella in the middle with gold little rains. And, the small cat face and puppy paw is connecting with my love of offering better environmental and habitation for creatures other than human in a city life. I wish there could a dynamic flow connecting people with not only the environment we live in, but the bigger range of planet.

Original image: National Geographic Traveler, August/September 2018, page 104



No comments:

Post a Comment