Sunday, July 21, 2019

Think green, wear green



(Image from Macy's Ad, September 29, 2018, Page 5)


The first thing in this image that caught my eye was the multiple animal printed shoes. My first thought was: well, this is definitely not eco-friendly. I tried to find some animals from the magazines we had to address the issue of protecting animals.  By looking at these magazines, I noticed that there weren't many animals I could use but instead there were a lot of clothing images. This brought me a new idea that not wearing animal printed shoes is not the main point of wearing green, but instead choosing eco-friendly materials. Some of the eco-friendly clothing materials I can think of are linen, organic cotton, and silk. I also picked some denim because of the darker the color, the lesser use of bleaches in production. Purchasing dark color denim is a helpful way that we can do for water pollution. Apparels like the fur jacket and animal printed shoes do harm to animals. Paying attention to the materials is another way to protect our environment and ecosystem, for example consuming organic cotton sheets, linen pants instead of polyester pants, etc. Two people wearing in basics represent my personal opinion about some people's closets that there are no eco-friendly apparels except their undies. So think green, wear green. Let's start by looking at our closets and make some changes.


No comments:

Post a Comment