Sunday, July 21, 2019

Media Remix - Connect

Athleta Ad, ERB1C1239T, pp. 32.

Connect - Remix

The original Athleta Ad shows a woman dressed for a walk. The woman is walking alone on a vast field of line painted asphalt. Under the woman in large letters is the word, connect. To me this image did not convey a feeling of connection, without the word I would not associate the idea. I asked myself, what is the message in this image? What is she connected to?

In the remix, I wanted to connect the woman to nature. She remains alone but the background promotes connection to nature. The word connect is no longer necessary because there is an implied connection in the images. In the creation of the remix, I layered two different mountain landscapes over one another then added the image of the woman as the last layer.

Stephanie Thornton

No comments:

Post a Comment